The current beta release of Snowball Fight was submitted to Microsoft's Dream-Build-Play competition. It is intended to show off the primary game play features and provide a good idea of how the final product will look, feel and play.
The beta release is currently available as a free download for Windows.
Snowball Fight! may eventually be made available through Xbox Live Indie Games, although there is no release date at this time.
If you have any feedback, including bug reports, comments about what works and doesn't work, suggestions, or criticisms, please email SwampThingTom@bayougames.com.
The minimum system requirements for running Snowball Fight on a PC are:
- Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows Vista, or Windows 7
- Graphics card supporting DirectX 9.0c and Shader Model 2.0
- Minimum screen resolution of 800x600
- At least 40 MB of free hard drive space. (More space will be required if any of the required software packages listed below need to be installed.)
- Requires a DirectInput game controller. An Xbox 360 Controller for Windows is preferred. Other controllers that support DirectInput may also work so long as they have at least 4 buttons, a dpad, and at least one analog stick.
The following packages will be installed automatically by the Snowball Fight Setup program if they are not already installed on your computer.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
- DirectX 9.0c
- XNA Framework 1.0
Play the Snowball Fight Beta
Download the Snowball Fight! installer for Windows
Download the Snowball Fight! Creator's Club package for the Xbox 360.
(Requires an XNA Creator's Club membership.)